The intention is to send out an email to all new members to give them an idea of the resources available to SAGA members. Possibly even to send this out to members renewing their memberships to remind them what and where these things are.
At the moment, these are the things I think should be mentioned:
- Main SAGA page (http://www.sagoclubs.co.za/)
- A note on ranked games on KGS
- The SA internet players page (http://wiki.sagoclubs.co.za/index.php?title=SA_Internet_Go_Players)
- Go equipment through SAGA (http://www.sagoclubs.co.za/saga/saga-pricelist/)
- Optional sign-up for AGA newsletter
Any thoughts? Other things to include, things to take out?
- Looks like a good list to me. The main Sagoclubs link has the list of clubs, so that's probably enough info on where to find clubs. Maybe a link to igolocal? --18:55, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
As for the AGA newsletter, should new members be asked to sign up, or automatically be signed up and asked to sign out if they prefer?
- Probably better form to do opt-in. I seem to remember this being discussed before, but I can't find a record of it. --Slashme 18:55, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
There will be a cut-off for the AGA newsletter, so only members who join SAGA at the beginning of the year will be eligible to receive the newsletter.
--Paul Steyn 12:19, 14 November 2011 (UTC)