In order to combat increasingly violent waves of vandalism and spam, I have been forced to disable anonymous editing on the wiki, and also to restrict account creation by the public on the wiki. If you want an account in order to make edits on the wiki, please email your desired username and email address to Steve Kroon at email@example.com .
What's available here?
- Read or tell us who's who in the SA Go Zoo?
- Server usernames of SA Internet Go Players
- A list of all the categories on this wiki. We will try and categorize all the pages, but that is not yet complete.
- The Stellenbosch Go Club Committee To-do List.
- A page for people to advertise Lifts to go events. If you're driving to another club for a club night, or driving to a tournament, why not organize lifts for your fellow players? Save everyone some money.
- Agendas for SAGA Council meetings
- SAGA Council action items
- SAGA inventory
- SAGA Treasurer information
- SAGA Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Pandanet European Team Championship
Documents under construction
Just read and give your opinion, or help develop them:
- HOWTOs for various SAGA and SAGA Council activities
- We are considering proposals to hold Proxy matches for SAGA tournament games between players who live far apart.
- Help draft a welcome letter for new members
- Discuss the design of a new membership database
- Organizing and running the African Oza
- Sending a letter to the EGF executive about the possibility of South Africa joining the EGF
- SAGA is considering sending a letter to the Nihon Ki-in regarding the format of the Oza. Please take a look at the Proposed Letter to Nihon Ki-in regarding the Oza tournament format
- World Mind Sports Games (WMSG) Representation
- SAGA is considering affiliating to Mind Sports SA. There are some reservations about this decision, and these are being discussed (with the kind participation of Colin Webster from MSSA) at the MSSA affiliation page. Please feel free to join the discussion.
- SAGA is in the process of formulating its long- and medium-term goals.
- Reinhardt's exposition of the WAGC points system
- Help discuss the future standards for the South African Open and African Oza
- Help formulate the Rules for South African Go Tournaments
- Help us with content for our wanted pages
- Help us write the History of South African Go
- Hugo is busy with a how-to on Running Stellenbosch Handicap Tournaments.
- The WAGC points will be listed on 2006 WAGC points
- In memoriam
- Cultural liaison letter
Some useful things to do
- Create a username or log in.
- Check out the recent changes (menu, left). Note that you can ignore "minor edits". There's also basic info on how to read the recent changes.
- Find stuff using the search box (left). If it isn't doing what you expect, read the help.
- If you want to discuss something on a page, use the associated discussion page: Just click on the "discussion" tab to edit it. This keeps the content from being cluttered with chat.
- Scratch around in the Sandbox to get used to editing on the wiki. Also see the help page to find out more about editing.
- Message the wiki maintainer
- email the wiki maintainer
Pages to be weaned
Old Wiki News
- Wiki upgraded to 1.13.1 on 21/9/2008
I've added interwiki for the South African Go Clubs website to make linking there much quicker and easier, although you still need to know page and post numbers. However, to create a link to the South African Open page, now all you need to type is:
[[sagcpage:517|the South African Open page]]
Similarly, to make a link to the result report of the Joburg Open, you would use:
[[sagcpost:628 |the result report of the Joburg Open]]
--TheKro 10:10, 16 February 2006 (SAST)